Re: Staccato

From: Ted Lemon
Subject: Re: Staccato
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 07:00:30 -0500

On Jan 19, 2015, at 9:43 PM, Cynthia Karl <address@hidden> wrote:
> You must have an intimate knowledge of LP source code to be able to say that.
>  In the Learning Manual, there is a single mention of dotsDown, in a
> discussion of UP and DOWN.  In the Notation Manual, there are five mentions,
> one saying simply that it is a predefined command, and four references to
> that statement in the appendices.  I don't think there are any other mentions
> of dotsDown in the other LP documentation.  How would anyone know what
> \dotsDown does?

Not that I would be one to sing a paean to the wonders of the Lilypond manual,
but when I had an issue with a dot clashing with another note, I was able to
figure out \dotsDown and \dotsNeutral.   It may be because it's consistent with
other similar constructs, but it definitely didn't come from reading the source
code.