Re: Double thin bar lines and repeats?

From: Brian Barker
Subject: Re: Double thin bar lines and repeats?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 17:13:00 +0000

At 22:10 19/01/2015 +0100, Lars-Johan Liman wrote:
I'm trying to end a section of piano music with thin double bar lines, break the line, and then start the next line with repeat marks.
[...]
(You may feel tempted to argue that what I want to do is "wrong", which it may well be according to modern typesetting standards, ...

For what it's worth, Elaine Gould doesn't think this is wrong: "Some editions place a thin double barline at the end of a previous system where a repeat barline starts the next system". (Behind Bars, p. 234).

Brian Barker