Re: Need to suppress bar number checking in midi block

From: Michael Hendry
Subject: Re: Need to suppress bar number checking in midi block
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 02:32:00 -0700 (MST)

Maybe:

mymusic = {
  \time 4/4
  \repeat volta 2 {
    g'1
    \barNumberCheck #2
  }
  c'1
  \displayMusic
  \barNumberCheck #3
}

\book {
  \score {
     \mymusic
     \layout {}
  }
  \score {
     { \unfoldRepeats \set Score.currentBarNumber = #1 \mymusic }
     \midi {}

No idea why it's needed or why it works at all.

Excellent!

Because my midi() output was of a piano part, I had to reset the currentBarNumber to #1 once for the right hand and once for the left.

It looks as though \unfoldRepeats “knows” that it’s going through the same bars more than once and copes with this, but can’t deal with currentBarNumber being wrong from the start.

What’s odd is that the creation of several PDFs that precedes the midi() section doesn’t fall over with the second \book is created - presumably with currentBarNumber set to the end of the piece.

Many thanks,

Michael

Cheers,
  Harm