Re: sus7 chords in \chordmode

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: sus7 chords in \chordmode
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 23:15:33 -0500

Hi Elaine,

> IMHO, it is far, far, *far*

Three “fars”… that’s pretty far.  =)

Did you even read what I wrote before replying? This is what I actually wrote:

> it’s more important to play (e.g.,) an unaltered C7 than a C sus triad
> without the 7th

Exactly where in there did I suggest that one should play a “C major triad”?

> playing the 3rd instead of the 4th changes it from a dominant function to
> more like a subdominant function

Wait… what? Playing <c f g bf> makes it a dominant function, and playing <c e g
bf> (i.e., playing the 3rd instead of the 4th) makes it subdominant? When <c e
g bf> is the actual definition of a dominant 7th? I’m seriously confused…

Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
www:  <http://www.kierenmacmillan.info>
email:  address@hidden