Re: Hungarian Gregorian

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Hungarian Gregorian
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 23:48:29 -0000

Hi

Bad news, I'm afraid.  There is no simple way to change the shape of the note heads used in Gregorian ligatures (the things coded as \[ ... \]).  These ligatures are built up from a wide variety of glyphs in Vaticana_ligature_engraver.cc.  The whole ligature is then treated as a single graphical object so the spacing of its components is not affected by changes in layout.  The same applies to Mensural notation.

The work done by Pierre is an excellent start, but as he acknowledged it's not easy to use.  If this could be coupled with a suitable input syntax which could be interpreted by a music function to invoke the new grobs he defined it would be much more usable.  As a final stage that could be converted into a new engraver.  But that is quite a lot of work.

Sorry this is not much help.

Trevor