Re: Where are Lilypond Scheme functions documented?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Where are Lilypond Scheme functions documented?
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:28:37 -0600

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 30.01.2015 um 22:06 schrieb David Nalesnik:

Function: ly:music-property mus sym val

Return the value for property sym of music _expression_ mus. If no value is found, return val or '() if val is not specified.

I has to be said that this particular piece of documentation is not really helpful when you want to get a better understanding of the internals. Maybe it is helpful as a cheat sheet when you already know your way around it ...

Certainly.  It's just a bare-bones entry for a reference manual.  I find myself consulting this page when I can't remember the order of the arguments, or how many there are--that sort of reason.  But I'm coming from a standpoint of knowing what I'm looking for and (mostly) how to use what I find.

There's a crying need for a tutorial for this stuff.  It's my impression that there are more and more users who can tackle this.  It's simply a matter of getting started!

David