Re: Stack Trace on Error? Now with the right files!

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Stack Trace on Error? Now with the right files!
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 16:12:23 +0100

On 2015-01-28 21:45, Pierre Perol-Schneider wrote:

Thank you Anders,

myNotes = \relative c' { \pedA a2\5 \pedF cis'2\4 } seems to work.

I might live with myNotes = \relative c' << \pedA a2\5 \pedF cis'2\4 >> ,
which also seem to work.

Applying your unchanged function returns:

GNU LilyPond 2.19.15
Processing `firsttest.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
warning: Requested string for pitch requires negative fret: string 5
pitch #<Pitch g >
warning: Ignoring string request and recalculating.
warning: Requested string for pitch requires negative fret: string 4
pitch #<Pitch bis >
warning: Ignoring string request and recalculating.

I wouldn't call it "seem to work" ;)

No ;-) I also got that until I realized that my function does not work with \relative c' so my function will get the notes a2\5 which is correctly transpose to g2\5 but since the string 5 is tuned at b' it's a bit hard to put it on that string!

If I change \relative c' to \transpose c c' then it works!
myNotes = \transpose c c' {
<< \pedA a2\5 \pedF cis'2\4 >>
}

Sorry not being able to do more, I've no clue how the desired output
should look finally...

What I want to do is create a tablature for the Pedal Steel Guitar. Since it has pedals that retune the strings, which are named A, B, C,... ,the actual tab location needs to be for the not-retuned note. e.e The pedal A will retune string 5 from b' to cis' and string 10 from b to cis. This means if I want it to show the pitch a' on string 5 I can tab this as g which will be on fret 8. then I put the pedal name beside the tab note. so it will look like 8A.

But in the normal Staff I of cause want to have the a' that the player should play.

So my function pedalAction should take a note (Pitch with string-number) and transpose it according to the pedal definition. In a perfect world I would like it to work on chords (acting on specific notes in the chord) and on notes.

Hopefully I have made this a bit more understandable!

I will come back to you when I have figured out what your transpose-last-chord-entry does and how...

Thank you for you help!

// Anders
--
English isn't my first language.
So any error or strangeness is due to the translation.