Re: architecture problem with midi2ly on a mac

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: architecture problem with midi2ly on a mac
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 20:25:30 +0100

> On 4 Feb 2015, at 18:50, Cynthia Karl <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>>> It works with a script, named say “midi2ly” and put in the PATH, with the
>>> single line:
>>> exec /usr/bin/python
>>> /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/midi2ly "address@hidden
>>
>> Thanks, but unfortunately I still have the problem with that:

I use LilyPond 2.19.15 - perhaps you use an older version:

>> It seems like a python problem.
> To be more precise, it seems to be a problem with the file
> /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/lib/lilypond/current/python/midi.so,
> which, as python reports, is mach-o but wrong architecture.
> So perhaps i need a midi.so which is for i486 architecture, not i386
> architecture?  (I’ve left my safety zone now.)

Right. There are several problems: midi2ly compiled 32-bit for an old Python
API. I reported how to fix that, so perhaps it has beed done in latest LilyPond.

When I exclude /usr/bin/python, thus using LilyPonds’s own Python, I get
  Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
which is a new problem.