Re: "hiding" tablature - adding a blank tablature to music

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: "hiding" tablature - adding a blank tablature to music
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 00:12:34 +0100

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to add a completely blank tablature to some music. The idea is
> to create a worksheet where my students have to fill in the tablature for
> notes.
>
> I think I need to utilize the \hide feature within a \new TabStaff {
> but I just can't figure it out, nor can I find it in the manual.
>
> Thank you for your help! I should add this is for a 4 string ukulele.
>
> Ryan

How about:

\version "2.18.2"

\header {
  %% perhaps:
  tagline = ##f
  indent = 0
}

\layout {
  %% perhaps:
  ragged-last-bottom = ##f
  \context {
    \Score
    \omit BarNumber

<<
  \new TabStaff \with { stringTunings = #ukulele-tuning }
    {
      %% perhaps:
      \clef "moderntab"
      \repeat unfold 8 { s1 \break }
    }
  \new Staff \repeat unfold 8 { c''1 \bar "|." }

Cheers,
  Harm