Re: Problem with r2. in two voices

From: Cynthia Karl
Subject: Re: Problem with r2. in two voices
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 08:03:32 -0600

> On Feb 7, 2015, at 9:07 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi Cynthia,
>
>> In fact the output generated is just nonsensical.  Two stacked augmentation
>> dots?  That just doesn’t seem right.
>
> No, it’s perfectly sensible, if you want (need) to make it visually explicit
> that there are two voices at the same time — otherwise, how would the reader
> know?

But I don’t want to make it visually that there are two voices here, I want to
make it visually explicit that there is a single voice.  That’s why each voice
has issued the \oneVoice command before asserting the r2.  And why is it only
rests and notes that have augmentation dots are affected in \oneVoice mode this
way? There is no way other than clashing note column warnings to tell that two
voices have each issued concurrent rests in \oneVoice mode.  It’s just kind of
weird that augmentation dots get this special treatment.

I guess the only way out is to rewrite the two voices so that one of them
issues hidden rests in the score, but the rests in the parts, via tags.

On Sun, Feb 08, 2015 at 12:03AM , Paul Scott wrote:

> What kind of music are you trying to write?
>
> Paul Scott

Concerto Op3 No12 by Francesco Manfredini.