Re: problem overriding fonts

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: problem overriding fonts
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 14:57:53 +0000

Hi Joram,

I am not sure why \bold and \italic aren't working in your example, but you can still use overrides within the markup blocks to get what you want, e.g.

\markup { Andante \override #'(font-name . "Century Schoolbook L italic") con }

If you will be doing the override frequently you can make a function for it:

#(define-markup-command (centuryItalic layout props text)
   (markup?)
   (interpret-markup layout props
     (markup #:override '(font-name . "Century Schoolbook L italic") text )))

and then use \centuryItalic instead of \italic.

I hope that makes sense,
Kevin