Re: Levelling hairpins

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Levelling hairpins
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 17:43:10 +0000

On Fri, 2015-02-13 at 11:21 -0700, tisimst wrote:
> David,
>

> You have several options, but first would you mind providing a tiny
> example that shows these undesired offsets? Thanks

This is too well known to need an example, indeed one is given in the
documentation

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/expressive-marks-attached-to-notes#dynamics

where the solution is discussed

A Dynamics context is available to engrave dynamics on their own
horizontal line. Use spacer rests to indicate timing. (Notes in a
Dynamics context will also take up musical time, but will not be
engraved.) The Dynamics context can usefully contain some other items
such as text scripts, text spanners, and piano pedal marks.

Richard