Re: How to encapsulate TextSpanner?

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: How to encapsulate TextSpanner?
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 17:44:54 +0000

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
Concerning the hyphens: When I last tried to pack two tweaks into a variable, the hyphens seemed to be necessary in order for the second tweak to still belong into the variable definition, else it would have “hung around in mid-air”. Don’t know why this may work nevertheless.

Despite the fact I use variables all the time I don't really know what their limits are. Sometimes when I put tweaks in a variable it works and sometimes it doesn't. Also I don't know how LilyPond figures out where a variable `ends' if I didn't enclose it in curly braces - does it stop at a blank line? I searched the documentation for answers to questions like this, but I didn't find them. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've read several parts of the documentation that mention variables with no luck. What information is there is spread around a bit.