Re: Partcombine and large intervals

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Partcombine and large intervals
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 03:46:53 +0000 (UTC)

Phil Holmes <mail <at> philholmes.net> writes:

> Partcombine splits chords where the interval is greater than a ninth:

> [...] it's expected behaviour.  I can't find this
> documented anywhere: is it?

Only recently.   Dan made the behavior adjustable and then I added a
user-interface for version 2.19.16.

I only documented the behavior in the brief function docstring :

partcombine - chord-range [number-pair] part1 (music) part2 (music)
   Take the music in /part1/ and /part2/ and return
a music expression containing simultaneous voices, where /part1/
and /part2/ are combined into one voice where appropriate.
Optional /chord-range/ sets the distance in steps between notes
that may be combined into a chord or unison.