Ambitus placement

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Ambitus placement
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 13:32:17 +0100

Hello together,

I like to use the Ambitus_engraver in choral scores, but I often find it confusing to read, since the ambitus is printed before everything else, although its meaning depends on both clef and key signature. From the manuals or some snippet I took the idea to \set Staff.key-signature = #'() and thus have every non-natural note in the ambitus get an accidental, but the context property was changed (?) to key-alterations and now this doesn’t work any more. Thus I’d like to place the ambitus just before the time signature, after clef and key signature. How can I do that?

Thanks in advance,
Simon

Tiny example:

\version "2.19.8"