Re: putting markup above chord names

From: Siena Kaplan
Subject: Re: putting markup above chord names
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:06:22 -0500

Sorry, the guide to posting makes a big deal about not including too much of the code.  Using rehearsal marks worked, but now I have a nitpicky problem of the two numbers being at different heights.  The dynamics solution turned up an error, which I can look into but I think it'll be easier to just make the rehearsal marks work.

What I did is posted below and attached.  I had to add a space to put the mark after, otherwise the 1 appeared above the clef instead of above the starting note.  The 2 is slightly higher than the 1, which bothers me.  Is there any way to make it default to the same height?

Thanks for your help!

\version "2.16.2"

#(set-default-paper-size "government-legal" 'landscape)
#(set-global-staff-size 32)

\paper {
  system-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #20
  indent = 0
}

theChords = \chordmode {
  \time 3/4
  s8 g4 | f g2 | f4 c e:m | f g a:m | g2. |
  a4:m c f | g e4.:m g8 | f2 g4 | c2
}

sopMusic = \relative c''
{
  \key c \major
  \time 3/4
  \partial 4.
  \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-circle-numbers
  s8 \mark \default g8 a16( b) | c4 b a8 g | a( g) e4 \mark \default e8 f16( g) | a4 g f8 e | d4( g) \bar "" \break e8 d |
  c4 c c8 g' | f4 e e8 g | a4 g e8 d | c2 \bar "|."
}

verseone = \lyricmode {
  \once \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT "When" our | friends join hands to -- | ge -- ther sing -- ing | songs in har -- mo -- | ny there's a |
  place I long to | dwell in, there's a | place that's home to | me.
}

\new ChoirStaff <<
  \new ChordNames { \theChords }
  \new Staff
  <<
    \new Voice = "sopranos" { \sopMusic }

  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "sopranos" {
    \verseone }

\layout {
  \context {
    \ChoirStaff
    \accepts "ChordNames"

  }
  \context {

    \Score

    \remove "Bar_number_engraver"

    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'staffgroup-staff-spacing
         #'basic-distance = #20
  }
  \context {
    \ChordNames