Re: Git + LilyPond

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Git + LilyPond
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 14:58:46 +0200

I'm not 100% sure about it.
Johan's hint will probably help you, but if you're intending to merge repositories later anyway it might make sense to have them in one repository right from the start. You can use a long-living branch for the development of the score and branch your working branches off from that. And at the point where you'd merge the repository in just merge the long-living branch into master.

However, you should make sure to keep libraries or similar code separate from the music repository except the library code is not intended to be reused at all. Otherwise you may run into quite conflicting situations.

HTH
Urs