Re: want to report problem of musicxml2ly

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: want to report problem of musicxml2ly
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 11:07:56 +0100

On Mon, 2015-06-08 at 17:56 +0800, Haipeng Hu wrote:
> Hello,
>   I'm using musicxml2ly to process a large orchestral piece, to see
> how the composer deals with percussion parts with various kinds of
> pitched and unpitched instruments switched in the middle of the piece.
> But musicxml2ly reports lots of problems, and  ends up with failure. I
> remember Reinhold ever played main role on musicxml2ly and
> orchestrallily, but I don't know whether he's still active now. The
> xml file is large even after archiving, so I can't place it here.
> Could you please tell me who I can contact?

I believe there are two versions of the musicxml2ly program, one
official and forked and pushed on with in a free-er manner. You could
try the other one. You could also try importing it into Denemo and
taking the LilyPond output from that - very unlikely to give you
immediately a nice-looking score, but I would personally be most
interested if it failed to generate something at least (indeed if you
email me your archived xml file I will test it out).

Richard