Re: Full length tuplet brackets

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Full length tuplet brackets
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 07:32:50 +0200

Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings All,
>
> I use this:
>
>       \set tupletFullLength = ##t
>       \override TupletBracket.full-length-to-extent = ##t
>
> to set tuplet brackets to full length, and to extend to the barline.
>
> I require this globally for the whole score. Using 2.19.22 I have
> noticed I have to place this at the start of every voice. I am fairly
> sure I did not have to do this before.

I am fairly sure you did if you wrote it like the above.

> It seems the behaviour may have changed, but I need time to verify
> that against previous versions.
>
> In any case, my question is, to make this effective globally, where is
> the proper place to put this pair of commands?

In the music, you can write

    \set Score.tupletFullLength ...
    \override Score.TupletBracket ...

Outside, you can use

\layout {
  \context { \Score
             tupletFullLength = ##t
             \override TupletBracket.full-length-to-extent = ##t

In the latter case, you can also use \Voice instead of \Score to
override in every Voice.  That makes it harder to reoverride, say, at
Staff level however.

At any rate, I consider it unlikely that whatever you did before stopped
working in the described manner.  "Verifying against previous versions"
should likely have been all you needed to do.

--
David Kastrup