Re: volta repeat with and without alternative ending

From: Gergely K.
Subject: Re: volta repeat with and without alternative ending
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 11:25:58 +0200

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 5:51 AM, Helge Kruse <address@hidden> wrote:

> Conductor will say bar number.
Nope. From my experience I would say she says everytime something different:
- from 3 measures before rehearsal mark B
- from the lyric measure
- second repeat, please
- proabaly from a specific bar number
Regards
Helge

Back to the original issue:
1)     Do you think the last bar number should be 3, 4 or 5? The logical for me seems to be 3 (yes, 2 bars will have bar number 2), or 5 (thinking it as unfolded, but then bar number 1 and 3 will point to the same measure, but bar number 3 means goto 2. alternative)
\repeat volta 2 { c4 d e f | }   \alternative {  { c2 e | }   { f2 g | }  }    c1

2) If you all agree, that my example is invalid, what do you think about throwing an error, or at least a warning, that something is wrong?