Expanded fingering diagrams?

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Expanded fingering diagrams?
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 23:17:53 +0200

I just have a general question of interest:

It seems to me that Lily is relatively unique in possessing a build-in mechanism for drawing fingering diagrams, something I consider a substantial asset. I know composers of *some other programs* (*cough* thatnewlicensingmodelisbullshit *cough*) have to insert them manually as graphics, which seems terribly bad practice.

However, as the owner and player of (for example) a contrabassoon with a key layout that differs from the one provided, I'd like to know: what capabilities are there for expanding the library of diagrams? What about, for example, bass flute? Or the Kingma system flute (which has keys for quartertones)? What about the French bassoon, or the German clarinet? Oboe d'amore, English Horn, Heckelphone? Brass instruments?

I realize a lot of these are obscure, but being able to enter fingering diagrams into the score directly (something that is absolutely necessary in certain new-music applications) is something I would think Lily could really capitalize on.

Thoughts?