Re: Changing notehead sizes within chords

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Changing notehead sizes within chords
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 07:57:08 +0200

"David B. Stocker" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 06/29/2015 06:32 PM, address@hidden wrote:
>>
>> Maybe:
>>
>> \version "2.18.2"
>>
>> font-size-tweak =
>> #(define-music-function (parser location music) (ly:music?)
>>     (map-some-music
>>       (lambda (m)
>>         (and (music-is-of-type? m 'note-event)
>>              #{ \tweak font-size #-3 $m #}))
>>       music))
>> HTH,
>>    Harm
>
> Klaus and Thomas,
>
> Thank you. These are exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.
>
> I've been starting to fool around with scheme and it's going very
> slowly. Maybe examining these and learning how/why they work will help
> me with the lilypond-specific scheme knowledge required to start
> solving some of these challenges.
>
> Do either of you recommend a source on Scheme for beginners?

Your best bet at this level is the "Extending LilyPond" guide in the
manuals: the above example contains actually only two typical Scheme
constructs, namely "lambda" and "and".  All the rest are specific to
LilyPond.

And even then you'll just find some of those constructs covered in the
guide.  The next step then is skimming

ly/music-functions-init.ly

and see what makes sense to you, trying to look up some of the functions
used there (several more complicated ones are defined in
scm/music-functions.scm).

And read the user list for people's problems and the given solutions.

--
David Kastrup