Re: Tweaking in an engraver

From: Vaughan McAlley
Subject: Re: Tweaking in an engraver
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 11:48:48 +1000

On 20 July 2015 at 05:01, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> An engraver has the advantage that it is at the latest possible point in
> the pipeline.  But it might be too late to actually change pitches
> before other engravers get to see them.

>From what Scheme-fiddling I’ve been doing, it seems that the results
of display-scheme-music are yet to be “folded” (my word). So something
like:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.18.2"

myMusic = \new Voice {
  <<
    { c'1 s }
    { s1 d' }   % equivalent (typographically) to { c'1 d' }

}

\displayMusic \myMusic

…will give (as it probably should) an expression with
'SimultaneousMusic. Is it possible to created a “folded” version in
Scheme, or is that done by the engravers later, when it would be too
late to fiddle with?

Vaughan