Re: ScholarLy and polymetric music? (bar numbering, \RemoveEmptyStaffCon

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: ScholarLy and polymetric music? (bar numbering, \RemoveEmptyStaffContext)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 15:47:26 -0500

Hi Chris,

> What do you need the bar numbers for?  I suspect rehearsal marks would fit
> the bill, no?  If not, why not?

The score runs 105 measures in the piano part. I have 9 rehearsal marks (A-I),
for an average of ~12 measures per rehearsal mark.

In anticipation of officially [self-]publishing “The Country Wife” ASAP, I sat
down just this past Friday with HAVEN Trio to see how I could improve the score
and parts. HAVEN has been performing it the most often (~20 performances in the
past year), and in fact were here in Toronto for new three performances.

The very first thing they said to me was, “Add measure numbers.”

That’s sufficient reason for me.  =)

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer