Re: Aligning a tempo marking with a note

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Aligning a tempo marking with a note
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 21:14:25 +0100

Hi Kieren,

Am 19.11.2015 um 19:23 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
>> you should rather stick to the right syntax
> David *is* using the right syntax: “rit” (etc.) is a tempo marking
> (MetronomeMark), not an arbitrary text markup (TextScript).

Thinking about it twice, I realize that you are right. The meaning of
rit is closer to a metronome mark. It is just that I am used to a
different tradition in piano scores where the 'rit' is printed between
the two staves instead of above and bold. That lead me to think
(unconsciously) that rit and metronome marks are fundamentally
different. And I still think that there is some difference between 'rit'
and 'Allegro'.

Cheers,
Joram