Re: Fwd: Slash chords

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re: Fwd: Slash chords
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 10:13:00 -0700 (MST)

Hi Peter,

Peter Crighton-4 wrote
> Could this snippet be adapted to having the bass note appearing directly
> beneath the root note, separated by a horizontal line?

unfortunately not (see below).
The sequence is (from left to right) root note, slash, bass note. Therefore
the horizontal placement depends on the width of the note names.
It would be necessary to modify the function that puts together those
ingredients, but that's far beyond my knowledge.

Cheers,
Klaus

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.18.2"

#(define (lower-extension pitch chbass)
   "Return lowered markup for pitch note name."
   #{
     \markup \raise #-3.0  % Try here...
     \halign #0.2
     #(note-name->markup pitch chbass)
   #})

\layout {
  \context {
    \ChordNames
    slashChordSeparator = \markup {
      % the \hspace commands simulate kerning
      \hspace #-3.2 % Try here...
      \lower #1.4 \rotate #90 \scale #'(1 . 1.0) % Try here...
      "|"
      \hspace #-1.4 % Try here...
    }
    chordNoteNamer = #lower-extension

\score {
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \chords {
      f2.:m c4:7/e c2:maj7
      f2:m/a f/g c:7/g c:7/e e/f
    }
    \new Staff { \key aes \major \time 3/4 c'4 aes'2 c'4 bes'2 r4 r r r r r
r r r  }

  \layout { }
}