Re: printing individual parts causes the whole score to print too

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: printing individual parts causes the whole score to print too
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 09:45:52 +0100

On 1 December 2015 at 09:38, Ryan Michael <address@hidden> wrote:

> So I have the following seperate .ly file:
>
> \include "eiertanz-1.ly"
>
> \header {
>   instrument = "Violin"
> }
>
> {
>  \violinOne
> }
>
> Which prints the variable which points to the Voice violinOne defined
> in "eiertanz-1.ly"
>
> however the whole score prints and then the single voice is printed.
> How Can I only print the violin part?
>
> Here is the skeleton of eiertanz-1.ly
>
> (snip)

Hi,

Don't put the \score bloc in "eiertanz-1.ly".

Instead put only your variables "global", "violinOne", "cello" and then
use for instance a file named "eiertanz-1-score.ly" that includes
"eiertanz-1.ily" and contains the \score block for the whole score.
And another file "eiertanz-1-violin1.ly" that also includes
"eiertanz-1.ily" and the \score block for violinOne only.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>