Re: Vertically centering a song text.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Vertically centering a song text.
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 07:32:44 +0100

tisimst <address@hidden> writes:

> \skip in the Lyrics context is necessary for skipping beats without
> creating a melisma (which can be manually created with a single underscore
> for each beat in the melisma). I'm not sure why it's insensitive to the
> number after it. I have wondered the same thing, but that's the way it
> works at the moment.

Because the whole point of \addlyrics/\lyricsto is to ignore durations
and instead take items one-by-one irrespective of their length?

> Outside the Lyrics context in normal note entry, it is sensitive to
> the number.

You can write Lyrics perfectly well without \addlyrics/\lyricsto and
durations both of syllables and skips and other musical material will be
heeded.

--
David Kastrup