Renaissance 4/2 time signature

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Renaissance 4/2 time signature
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 23:42:47 +1100

Greetings All,

My first foray into setting a Renaissance keyboard piece into modern notation. This is a keyboard piece by Claudio Merulo, published 1592. So it’s not mensural notation, but early Renaissance. In my option this piece is in 4/2 and I want to set it as such, and I want to retain the cut c time signature used by the original printer. That’s not a mensural time signature, so how does one do that in lilypond?

Image attached.

Andrew