tempo spanners: what's the state of the art?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: tempo spanners: what's the state of the art?
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 16:51:50 -0500

Hello all,

What is the current state-of-the-art in terms of tempo spanners?

In the attached, I’d like a dotted line connecting the “accel.” to the “Second”
tempo.

1. Since I have functions [simplified here] for formatting MetronomeMarks, I’d
like to use them directly and not have to duplicate the formatting in
TextSpanner [which would also ruin the semantics].

2. I’ll probably use tags to avoid the “tempo spanners” ending up in all the
other staves/contexts. But if there’s a better way, please let me know. (I’m
happy to define a whole new context, or use event/type filtering, if necessary.)

Any links and/or code would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info