Re: Unwanted barline. How to get rid of it?

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Unwanted barline. How to get rid of it?
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 10:10:11 +0100

Merry christmas dear all Lilyponder!

Sry for my late reaction on this one - I finally got to work through
all these mails and tried the example code provided by Malte:

> This depends on whether you really have an upbeat (f.e. Scherzo ends
> with full measure, Trio starts with upbeat) or an "incomplete" measure
> (f.e. if you have bars of different length whithout explicitely changing
> the time signature; see last of Rachmaninov's Etudes-Tableaux). Have a
> look at the output of the following code. Three different solutions show
> three different types of behaviour (look at bar lines and bar numbers).
>
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> {
>       \override Score.BarNumber.break-visibility = #'#(#t #t #t)
>
>       b4 b b b
>       b b b \set Timing.measurePosition = #(ly:make-moment 4/4)
>       \mark "missing barline"
>       b b b b
>       \break
>
>       b b b b
>       \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 3/4) b b b \unset
> Timing.measureLength
>       \mark "everything ok (if it's an 'incomplete' measure)"
>       b b b b
>       \break
>
>       b b b b
>       \partial 4*3
>       b b b
>       \mark "m. 8 counts twice (ok if it's really an upbeat)"
>       b b b b
> }

Interesting enough on my 2.19.33 installation there is no double count
of measure 8, as the mark in line 3 suggests (the partial bar is counted
like any other bar).

Has there been a change in behaviour somewhere along the way or ist
this a (newly introduced) bug in the current devel version ?

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden