Re: lilypond-devel on MacPorts

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: lilypond-devel on MacPorts
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 01:55:50 +0000

On 12/27/15 12:32 PM, "Jacques Menu" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hello Samuel,
>
>MacPorts as I understand it is meant to work on its own. Since it keeps
>records of what has been installed, their dependencies and where they
>have been installed, I don¹t think you can tamper with that easily.
>
>JM
>

>> Le 26 déc. 2015 à 20:57, Br. Samuel Springuel <address@hidden> a
>>écrit :
>>
>> In order to make keeping up with the development version of Lilypond
>>easier, I'm thinking of transitioning to the MacPorts version (as then
>>keeping it up to date would automatically be part of my normal MacPorts
>>maintenance).  However, I've noticed that the lilypond-devel port has
>>dependencies on the MacPorts texlive packages.  Seeing as I already have
>>TeXLive installed through MacTeX, is there any way to install this port
>>without installing a duplicate TeXLive installation through MacPorts?
>> --

I used to have LilyPond installed via MacPorts and use it for development.
 But maintaining that became too hard -- there would be occasional random
breakages that would need to be fixed.  So I moved to just using LilyDev
for my development environment.  I do install development releases on my
Mac and use them with Frescobaldi for my engraving work.

Carl