Re: turn off tab double half note stems

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: turn off tab double half note stems
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 15:05:18 -0500

On Dec 29, 2015, at 11:02 AM, Steve Fullerton <address@hidden> wrote:

In tab, lilypond draws a double stem for half notes. This is done intentionally to distinguish half notes from quarter notes.

I’m curious about these double stems.  Does anyone know if they are a common/standard way to indicate half notes in tab?  I searched the web but didn’t turn up any documentation on this.

Is there a way to turn this feature off so half note stems are drawn with a single line like quarter notes?

I was looking into the source code and it seems that for completeness one should also revert the Stem.X-extent:

\version “2.19.35”

\new TabStaff \with {
  \tabFullNotation
  \revert Stem.stencil