Re: Manual page breaking causing assertion failure

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: Manual page breaking causing assertion failure
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 08:14:49 -0500

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 9:09 PM, Chris Yate <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to paginate my score nicely and the automatic paging isn't good enough. So I'm doing all the page breaks manually -- and a certain situation is causing an assertion failure on compilation:

Greetings, Chris -
I can't tell much without seeing your code. I'm running Ly 2.19.33 under Win8.

I was also having a problem with manual page breaks, although I was not using automatic paging. Someone made the suggestion to use
\override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-permission = ##f  (this may be outdated syntax).
I still had problems with some pages, so I added
\override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.page-break-permission = ##f
and things are working fine now.

Here's a snippet that shows where I include the \override commands :

%%%%%% Start snippet  %%%%%%%

lower =
\relative c' {
  \key g \major
  \clef treble
  \time 4/4

  \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-permission = ##f
  \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.page-break-permission = ##f

  e4^"lower staff" e d d |
  \break
}

%%%%  End snippet  %%%%