Re: Hairpin across line break

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Hairpin across line break
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 06:55:14 +0100

Hi Andrew,

Try:

\version "2.19.35"

\relative c'' {
  \clef treble
  \time 1/4

  c c c c c c c_\f
  -\tweak to-barline ##f
  -\tweak after-line-breaking ##t
  \> c c c \break
  c_\pp c c c c c c c c c

Pierre

When I have a hairpin across a line break, ending on a dynamic which is the very first note in the bar, the hairpin does not continue acorss the line as I would expect it to. If you extend to the next note, the hairpin continues.

How does one produce the broken hairpin at the start of the next line in this sort of case?

Setting Hairpin.to-barline has no effect (and I would not expect it to).

\version "2.19.35"

\relative c'' {
  \clef treble
  \time 1/4