Re: Repeat 8va

From: John Gourlay
Subject: Re: Repeat 8va
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 15:02:21 -0500

David, et al.,

The \transposition command would seem do what I want, except that I’ve
discovered belatedly that LilyPond’s midi output doesn’t seem to respect
repeats at all. Is this true?

I compiled the following little file using \transposition as I think you
intended:

music = {c'4 d' e' f' \transposition c''}

\score {
  {
    \repeat volta 2 \music
    \transposition c' c' e' d' f'
  }
  \layout {}
  \midi {}
}

The pdf output contained the music I hoped for but the midi output does not
contain the second measure of this three-measure opus.

Incidentally, I don’t see where the \transposition command is documented. I do
see documentation for \transpose, which is similar but not useful in this
situation.

John Gourlay