Re: Lilypond and Jazz chords

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: Lilypond and Jazz chords
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 22:25:42 +0100

I follow this nonsense thread just for entertainement with wild references to any-/something and found i. e
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-11/msg00950.html
and
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-11/pdfsKndJHU0dl.pdf

Two questions:
1. Why is Cm69 (ly) = C6/9 (BR)? Where is the "MI" gone? Is it kind of
implied? I don't see it.
(I omit the second)
Did you know, that the C6/9 Guitar Chord has alternate Names: Cmaj6/9, CM6/9, CMAJ6/9 - where is the minor???? You might find that in google or in some serious jazz harmony books. If you are serieous working in music - check it and think about.

Which one do you think is the correct one? Do you really think that serous jazz musicians get skid whith such?