Re: Ossia problem - different timing

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: Ossia problem - different timing
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 13:25:51 +0000

On 21 January 2016 at 13:02, Ralph Palmer <address@hidden> wrote:
I can't figure out how to revert for that one bar

There are two ways to do this:
1) move your \override from the \with {} block into the beginning of the music _expression_ so that you can \revert it later on, when you need to
2) check what the default value is in the internals manual and use that as a value for an override

In general, for tricky stuff like this I would go with 1) since it's a bit easier to tinker with overrides and reverts while working, but since it's quicker to do 2) in the code you sent I just did that by adding the following override right before the last span bar:
\override StaffGroup.SpanBar.glyph-name = #ly:span-bar::calc-glyph-name
I found this value by looking up SpanBar in the internals reference and checking the default value for glyph-name. Code is attached if this isn't clear.

Kevin