Re: automatic line-breaking in markup

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: automatic line-breaking in markup
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 11:34:31 -0700 (MST)

Jonathan,

Look here: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/formatting-text#multi_002dpage-markup

Best,
Abraham

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 11:25 AM, jonathan.scholbach [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi list,

I want to create a template for a cover page. I do that by redefining bookTitleMarkup. The title of the piece is stored as string in a variable and I want to print it relatively tall on the cover page. It works.
But sadly when the title is too long it runs off the page, because LilyPond does not automatically break the line. How can I get LilyPond to break the line automatically when the title runs off page?

My ME is:

\version "2.19.22"

title = "Many many words may result in a title that is too long for one line"

\paper {

bookTitleMarkup = \markup {

\fontsize #15 \title

\book {