Re: overlaying noteheads in different voices

From: Nathan Ho
Subject: Re: overlaying noteheads in different voices
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 19:33:44 -0800

On 2016-02-08 19:27, Charles O. Lawrence wrote:
How do I get the dotted half low a in voice 2 to overlay (blot out? I
don't know the proper terminology) the eighth low a in voice 1?

I searched the LSR, but came up empty, probably because I don't know
the proper lilypond terminology for this notation.

Hi Charles,

I don't advise doing this because it is possible to interpret the eighth note as dotted. But if you must, you're looking for \mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn and \mergeDifferentlyDottedOn. See http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices#collision-resolution

Nathan