Re: Tie across voices

From: Nathan Ho
Subject: Re: Tie across voices
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:41:30 -0800

On 2016-02-12 15:37, Joseph N. Srednicki wrote:
In the following three-beat example, I am trying to tie the
upper-voice note in the second beat with the lower-voice note of the
third beat.

My example seems to work somewhat, but the notes of the upper and
lower voices of the second and third beats do not align vertically as
they should.

Can someone please explain how to align the upper and lower voices in
the second and third beats or another approach to the problem of
coding the tie across voices?

I tried using \shiftOn to align the voices, but I was unsuccessful.

I used Google to search and found the snippet located at
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=8 [1]. I tried to follow this
snippet as an example.

Hi Joseph,

Here's how you fix the shifting problem:

\language "english"

\relative c' {\key d\major
  \time 3/8
  <<