Re: unusual lyric placement in second verse

From: dl . mcnamara
Subject: Re: unusual lyric placement in second verse
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 15:42:35 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks Simon,

I'm not sure how your suggestion would mesh with the piece's overall structure;
Here's a more complete take:
http://lilybin.com/l8kuff/2
(I tried to trim extra stuff for a minimal example).
A completed version is here http://imslp.nl/imglnks/usimg/d/db/IMSLP04156-Bach_-_BGA_439-518.pdf
it's number 16 (page 8).

The A section is repeated with different lyrics, this is followed by
 a few more, non-repeated, phrases.

I thought that it would be sensible and useful to have separate
variables for the full melody, the full lyrics, bass, and figures.
I like this because it keeps the commands within the score block
relatively simple, and thus allows me to easily turn off the lyrics (for example)
by just commenting out a single line.

This gets to something that is not (to my knowledge) well documented: what
is a good way of organizing and structuring the lilypond content?

Dave