Re: Multi-rest with automatic bar number before and after it

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Multi-rest with automatic bar number before and after it
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:25:47 -0500

Hi Harm,

> A hacky solution for one-time use

This is great! The only thing I could suggest is that the font for the bar
numbers shouldn’t be the same as the big MMR number font.

> A cleaner one would likely need an engraver.

I see this kind of numbering a fair bit in musical theatre scores. I don’t know
if it’s common elsewhere, but it might be a nice feature in the Lilypond
toolkit.

Best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer