Re: Install on linux

From: Hwaen Ch'uqi
Subject: Re: Install on linux
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 07:32:37 -0500

Greetings Peter,

When I install LilyPond, I use the --prefix flag and direct it to be
installed in folder /usr/ In this way, the bin files will be created
in the proper places. The "down side" is that the directories of the
.el files and .info files will need to be explicitly stated somewhere
in order for them to be usable. In my case, the former is stated in my
.emacs file, and the latter is reflected in the main dir file of the
/usr/share/info folder. This is a bit more manual work, but the
benefit is that, whenever you install the latest LilyPond version
(which the ubuntu's repository will likely not find), you should not
have to make those adjustments again.

Hwaen Ch'uqi