playback time

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: playback time
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 09:29:23 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I know close to nothing about scheme programming. But I had an idea about a feature that is probably possible with a little scheme magick:

What I would like is a scheme function that calculates, based on the metronome tempi, the time that has passed since the beginning of a score. Then I would like to use that in a markup attached to a note. So that I can print something like 2'45" somewhere above a staff. Useful if you want to find the location of a musical passage on paper in the score when playing back an audio recording or midifile.

Or it could be used to indicate the total duration of a piece at the end of a score, something that I have often seen in scores by Bartok.

Maybe there is already a snippet for something like this, or maybe some of the scheme programmers here want to give it a try?

Thanks,

Martin