How to lengthen tie

From: Joseph N. Srednicki
Subject: How to lengthen tie
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 19:17:31 -0400

Please see the attached example.

In the second measure, the first tie in the upper voice appears extremely short.

Is there a technique to lengthen only this tie?

I recall running across something in the documentation or the mail archive on this topic a few weeks ago, but now I cannot find it. I tried using Google and searching the mail archive.

If there is such a topic in the documentation or mail archive, can someone point me to it?

Thanks for your help.

Joe Srednicki