Re: Weird error when using skipTypesetting

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Weird error when using skipTypesetting
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 19:19:47 -0500

On Mon 04 Apr 2016 at 23:30:00 (+0200), Sharon Rosner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m getting a bunch of "programming error: insane spring distance requested,
> ignoring it” etc errors when compiling the following:
>
> \version "2.19.37"
>
> music = \relative c' {
>   c1 d e f \bar "||"
>   \set Score.skipTypesetting = ##t
>   g a b c
> }
>
> { \music }
>
> In addition, the music is cut immediately after the last note, and does not
> show the bar line that I’m explicitly asking for:
>

> Does somebody have an idea what I’m doing wrong?

If you add \set Score.skipTypesetting = ##f at the end of the music to
be omitted, you will get a bit more sense.

Crumblies among us may remember line editors where you finished
editing a file with W(indup). If instead you finished with Q(uit) you
lost everything that was still in memory rather than in the file on
disk. Maybe LP wants type-setting ON when it encounters the } at the
end of the music.

Cheers,
David.