Re: Horizontal collision of left and right spanner texts

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Horizontal collision of left and right spanner texts
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 23:48:22 +0200

> Hello list,
>
> \version "2.18" .. "2.19.39"
>
> I would like the left and right bound-detail texts of a TextSpanner to keep
> apart. Right now, they overlap horizontally in a fearful way. What can I do
> to keep them apart?
>
> \score {
>     \new Staff {
>         \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text = \markup{\bold{wieder
> zurück ins}}
>         \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.text =
> \markup{\bold{Hauptzeitmaß}}
>         c''1\startTextSpan |
>         c''1\stopTextSpan
>     }
> }
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rutger Hofman
> Amsterdam

Maybe best to do a combination of moving the texts and lengthening the spanner:

\score {
    \new Staff {
        \override TextSpanner.springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
        \override TextSpanner.minimum-length = 25
        \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text =
          \markup \halign #-0.5 { \bold { wieder zurück ins } }
        \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.text =
          \markup \halign #-0.6 { \bold { Hauptzeitmaß } }
        c''1\startTextSpan |
        c''1\stopTextSpan

HTH,
  Harm