Re: accordion, single note for chords, midi

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: accordion, single note for chords, midi
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 23:39:18 +0200

Ciao Thomas

[How can I make lilypond display single note in the score but generate chords in the midi file?]

Maybe:

\version "2.19.36"

m = \chordmode { c4 d:m e:m7 }

\score {
  \new Staff $(event-chord-reduce m)
}

\score {
  \new Staff \m
  \midi {}
}

this does not work on my pc (with lilypond 2.19.39), but it works if I change the order of the score block like this:

\version "2.19.36"

m = \chordmode { c4 d:m e:m7 }

\score {
  \new Staff \m
  \midi {}
}

\score {
  \new Staff $(event-chord-reduce m)
}

Obviously now I have to understand what's $(event-chord-reduce m) does but this is another story!
Thank you Thomas!

Also thank you to Simon, your idea is very clear and very neat, I will try it.