Re: Lilypond error behaviour

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Lilypond error behaviour
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 00:32:02 +0200

> Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> just turn on
>>> warning-as-error and be done with it.
>>
>> As I wrote days ago ...
>
> We could implement an option for the maximum number of non-fatal errors
> before abort.  People who really do not want to have LilyPond continue
> after an error can then set it to zero.

Wouldn't setting to zero be the same as our current warning-as-error?

As a side-note, during this thread I continuosly tried to force
LilyPond to abort _immediately_.

Even for:

\version "1.2.3"

\book { \score { { c''1 } } }
\book { \score { { \set Score.fontSize = #(/ 4 0) dis''1 } } }
\book { \score { { c''1.2 } } }
\book { \score { { e''5 } } }
\book { \score { { cs''1 } } }
\book { \score { { dis''1 } } }

LilyPond continues, trying to compile each book after the other.

The only way I've found was to throw (ly:error ...) somewhere or using
warning-as-error.

Anyone, with an example for an _immediate_ abort?

Cheers,
  Harm